These are a documentation and answers of frequently asked questions about Virtual Currency. You will find information about configuration and the ways of using the platform.
- Getting Started
- Administrator Guide
- Developer Guide
- Developers FAQ
- How to debug the system and payment plug-ins?
- How to change PHP version on your hosting?
- How to edit views of the extension?
- How to customize styles for a component page and modules?
- How to override the styles of the component?
- How to include missed Twitter Bootstrap styles and components?
- How to disable strict errors?
- How to contribute code to the platform?
Download and Install
I guess, you have already installed Joomla! and now you have to download Virtual Currency package.
Go to "Extension Manager" and install the package.
If you are installing the extension for the first time, you will see a list of installed libraries, plugins and modules. You will also see a list of minimum requirements. If the system displays red indicators for unfulfilled requirement, it will be good to find a way to fix it.
You must download and install ITPrism Library, because the extension needs it to work properly.
The minimum requirements to run the extension properly are:
- Joomla! v3.4.x
- PHP 5.5.x
- MySQL 5.5.x or MariaDB 10.x
- jQuery 1.9.x
- cURL, fopen
- Magic Quotes disabled
- mod_rewrite loaded on the server
- Fileinfo loaded on the server
- PHP Intl loaded on the server
- Bootstrap 3 based template
Use the extension options to configure Virtual Currency. Go to "Dashboard" and click on the button "Options." Review the settings and save them.
Options used for managing payment process, amount format, shopping cart,...
- Real Currency - currency in which will be sold the virtual currency.
- Fraction Digits - the number of digits after the decimal point in amount.
- Display Terms - display or not terms and conditions on the payment process.
- Terms Page - the page that describes terms and conditions.
- Show Icons - display or not the icons of the virtual currency on the payment wizard.
Those options enabled debug mode that provides functionality to test system.
- Payment disabled - disable or enable the payment process if you would like to switch your platform in development mode.
- Message - a message that will be displayed when payment process be disabled.
Additional options for specific configuration.
- Media folder - this is the folder where the pictures will be stored.
- Administrator - this is a user that will be the person from whom will be sent the confirmation mail.
There are several views that you should use to create pages. You will be able to create a view for all user accounts that contain virtual currency and goods, a list with transactions and page of the shopping cart.
You should create a menu item that will display to these things.
- Select a menu and click on the button "New"
- Select a "Menu Item Type"
- Enter "Menu Title," alias and some of the advanced options if you want.
Currency manager where you will create virtual currencies. You should use those currencies as money on your website. You will be able to sell items for those money or to give them as reward to your users.
That is a manager of virtual goods where you will create and manage virtual items. You will be able to sell those items or give them as reward to your users.
Accounts where the users will collect the amount of your virtual items (goods or money).
Virtual Currency Library
The library included in the extension is a collection of classes that developers will use to integrate Virtual Currency with third-party extensions.
Here you are examples and detailed information about the Virtual Currency API.
The modules are Joomla! extensions that display blocks with content. They can be placed on predefined position included in the template. They are assigned per menu items.
There are some modules, which are parts of the Virtual Currency. They display information about the virtual accounts, etc...
Virtual Currency Accounts
This module displays a list with accounts that contains virtual items (goods and money).
Plug-ins add additional features on the website. Virtual Currency provides several plugins and you can find them on the "Plug-in Manager". Enable those that you would like to use.
User - Virtual Currency Account
This plug-in creates virtual accounts for a user when he logs in the website. The system will collect the virtual items in those accounts.
VirtualCurrency Payment - Payment Gateway
This is a payment plugin that enables a functionality user to buy virtual goods with their virtual money.
VirtualCurrency Payment - PayPal
This is a payment plugin that enables a functionality user to buy virtual goods with real money via PayPal.
How to translate Virtual Currency?
You can translate this extension in your language using Transifex. Go to the system and sign in. Find Virtual Currency translation project and start translating. If you need more information, read the article "How to translate ITPrism extensions in your language?"
You can also use ITP Transifex to create language packages.
How to get FREE support?
You can report issues on Virtual Currency GitHub repository.
If you have any questions, you can send them to me, using the contact form. Please, send me a message with only one question. When I answer you, you will be able to send me your next one.
How to upgrade the extension?
The better way to upgrade the extensions is:
- Make a backup of your site ( database and files ) ( optional but highly recommended );
- Install the new version over the old one ( all previous data will be saved );
- Check the extension settings and menu items for changes;
- Check for a new version of ITPrism Library. If there is a new version, install it.
- You should also upgrade all other modules and plugins, which work with Virtual Currency.
How to get support?
You can post issues on Virtual Currency GitHub repository. If you have any questions, you can send me a mail from the contact form. If you need premium support you are able to subscribe for my premium services on ITPrism members site.
- Next >>