ITP Facebook Facepile is a module for Joomla! that adds a box with profile pictures of users who have connected with the page. It is a documentation and answers of frequently asked questions about the extension.
URL and Auto URL
If you want to display profile pictures of people who have liked a specific page, you should enter a URL of this page.
If you want the system to get URLs automatically, you should set option "Auto URL" to "Yes." Thus, the system will use the page address loaded by the guest.
You are able to select one of three ways the code will be implemented.
- HTML5 - select this option if the code of your site is based on HTML5 standard. You can check it by viewing the code of a page. If it starts with "<!DOCTYPE html>" then your code is based on HTML5 standards.
- XFBML- it is an old markup provided by Facebook and it works with older HTML standards.
- IFRAME - it is a native HTML tag that works with all standards, but some functionality of the social plugin missing.
You should set application ID if you want the social plugin to work properly. Follow next steps to find the application ID.
- Login to your Facebook account.
- Open the page of the plugin
- Enter an URL of your domain in the field "URL"
- Click on the button "Get Code"
The application ID is a parameter in the link that loads a script from Facebook servers.
Language and Auto Language
If you want to specify a language of the plugin, select your choose for the option "Language."
If your site is multilingual, you can let the system to select using locales of the current choice of the guests, who has visited your page. You can do it by setting the option "Auto
Language" to "Yes."
If you have an application that works with Facebook actions, and you want to connect ITP Facebook Facepile with this application, you should provide a list of actions in that field. The system will display photos of those profiles that are connected to your application via these actions.
Load Facebook JS library
Facebook root DIV
All Facebook plugins need a div tag with ID "root", but it is enough to have only one in the HTML code. So, if the tag is already present in the code, you should disable its adding. Set this option to "No" and prevent its duplication.
How to translate ITP Facebook Facepile in your language?
You can translate this module in your language using Transifex. You have to sign in to the system and start from ITP Facebook Facepile translation project. Here you are more information about how to translate ITPrism extensions.