ITP Facebook Recommendations is a module for Joomla! that displays personalized recommendations to your website guests. This extension considers all interaction of users on your site and then generates recommendation links.
If you want to display recommendations of people who interact with content of your website, you should enter a domain name.
You are able to select one of three ways the code will be implemented.
- HTML5 - if your site code is based on HTML5 standard, select this option. You can check it by viewing the page code. If it starts with "<!DOCTYPE html>" then your code is based on HTML5 standards.
- XFBML- it is old markup provided by Facebook and it works with older HTML standards.
- IFRAME - it is a native HTML tag that works with all standards.
This option specifies the location where you will load the link on which you have been clicked.
- _blank - it opens a link in a new window
- _top - it opens a link in the same window
- _parent - it opens a link in the current window
NOTE: All links to Facebook URLs will be always opened in a new window.
If you want to display recommendations associated with your application, you should set its ID. Thus, the extension will display actions taken by users associated with that application.
Language and Auto language
Select an item from the list of option "Language" and the extension will be displayed in selected language.
If your want system to select a language based on locales of the user, who has visited your page, set option "Auto
Language" to "Yes."
You are able to specify action types that will be displayed in the box. The module will display only those activities as recommendations that are specified in the list.
Load Facebook JS library
Facebook root DIV
All Facebook plugins need a div tag with ID "root," but it is enough to have only one in the HTML code. So, if the tag is already present in the code, you should disable its adding. That will prevent its duplication. You can do it setting this option to "No."
How to translate ITP Facebook Recommendations in your language?
You can translate this module in your language using Transifex. You have to sign in to the system and start from ITP Facebook Recommendations translation project. Follow the link to find more information about ITPrism extensions translation.